The Finger Lakes Community College Athletic Department will expand on its popular skills clinics to provide day and overnight sports camps for children ages 9 to 14 in summer 2012 at the main campus in Canandaigua. Camps are as follows:
· Baseball, July 22-26
· Boys basketball, July 22-26
· Boys lacrosse, July 22-26
· Boys and girls woodsmen (timbersports), July 22-26
· Girls basketball, July 29-Aug. 2
· Boys and girls cross country, July 29-Aug. 2
· Boys soccer, July 29-Aug. 2
· Softball, July 29-Aug. 2
· Resident camp: Students stay in the supervised College Suites residence hall Sunday through Wednesday night, taking part in all daytime skills instruction and evening games. Cost: $325 by July 1; $350 after July 1.
· Day camp: Students take part in daytime instruction and evening games but do not stay overnight. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Cost $225 by July 1; $250 after July 1.
· Skills camp: Students take part in daytime instruction. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cost $150; $160 after July 1.
Meals are served in the brand new cafeteria at the FLCC Student Center.
The FLCC Athletic Department has provided afternoon and evening sports clinics to the community for several years. “We see this as a natural next step for our program, and a way to share FLCC coaching expertise with the community,” said Bob Lowden, FLCC athletic director.
FLCC coaches and staff will provide all instruction; college staff will oversee the program. Registration is first-come, first-served. Camp applications are available at www.flccathletics.com/athletics/camps. For more information, call the FLCC Athletics Department at (585) 785-1292.