Finger Lakes Community College and the New York Wine and Culinary Center have partnered to offer five single-session wine education classes in May.
Classes vary by topic, duration and price and are held at the New York Wine and Culinary Center, 800 S. Main St. as follows:
- May 14, 3:30-4:30 p.m.: Spring Wine & Food Pairing: Taste three appetizer-sized foods that emphasize seasonal ingredients paired with three different styles of wine. Cost: $25.
- May 15, 2:30-4:30 p.m.: Wine 101: A tasting of 10 wines and a small cheese plate with detailed information, for example, on ordering wine in a restaurant. Cost: $40.
- May 21, 12:30-2:30 p.m.: Riesling Expert: Taste the differences among Riesling styles and match wines to food; the class includes a tasting of eight wines and a food sampling plate. Cost: $40.
- May 24, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: One-day intensive class, in the same training that the wine and culinary center tasting room staff receives in the history and styles of New York wine. Price of $115 includes class materials, certificate of completion, tasting of more than 20 wines, and a gourmet lunch.
- May 29, 12:30-1:30 p.m.: NY Wine & Cheese Pairing: This class features a selection of red, white, dry and sweet wines. Cost: $20.
Register at the New York Wine and Culinary Center Web site at nywcc.com
For information, contact Colleen Aiezza in the FLCC Professional Development and Continuing Education office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 785-1906.